Mercurius is a simple, transparent and open Analytics mod for Minecraft to allow the community to
openly gain insight into the versions of Minecraft out there. It also serves as a tool for mod and
By default the mod collects the following data. You can opt out of each individual data point ingame
by going to Mods -> Forge Analytics -> Config or you can disable all data collection by turning off
the Minecraft snooper setting.
- Session ID - Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times.
Value is reset every time the game restarts.
- Instance ID - Random identifier created the same as Session ID. Value is constant for
each Minecraft instance. The value is computed on first run of Minecraft with the mod
- World Session ID - Random identifier created the same as Session ID. The value is
computed each time you enter a world.
- Allocated Memory and Max memory
- Minecraft Version
- Forge Version
- List of all mods and versions
- Environment - Whether the running minecraft instance is a client, local server or
- Modpack name - Modpack authors can define a custom modpack name in the forgeanalytics.cfg
- Modpack version - Modpack authors can also define the current modpack version.
- Mod authors can use the Mercurius API to send additional info.
The source code of the mod is available here